donderdag, maart 24

Gimme some slack


'cause, anyway, it's all I'm giving you.

Because my voice still isn't at it's best, I'm giving it some slack, and making it slack! Yes; I am trying to confuse you.



That sound I'm making is called 'slack' and it's very good for zhe vocal folds (okay, so it's folds) (WHATEVER). If you ever lose your voice, or have a hoarse sound, try doing the slack thing. But be sure to keep it relaxed! Don't force it! Tha's baaaad y'know.

Haha sorry geys, seems like the only think I can talk about lately are vocal folds and the do's and don'ts.

Ooooh wait! I even have some new lyrics! TOOOTALLY FINISHED! Musically I haven't finished the bridge yet, and some bits in between, but the lyrics are as ready as my songs normally are when the lyrics are ready.


So here goes titleloos:

I came upon a river, where an old lady was sitting
watching the water go by
Her back was turned towards me, but it was as if she knew
that I had come to her, because

She was singing her song, she was singing her song:

"I bet you never thought that you would go, to sit by the water and watch your hair grow
I bet you never thought that you would be, spending the rest of your life like me"

When she'd finished singing, the lady turned around
and with tears in her eyes she spoke;
"Never let fear, take a hold of your heart,
'cause it will take over, and rule your world

That's why I'm singing this song, that's why I'm singing my song:

"I bet you never thought, that you would go, to sit by the water and watch your hair grow
I bet you never thought that you would be, spending the rest of your life like me

So stop being afraid, you will never love if you don't try
Stop being afraid, you will never know love if you don't
let go of all the pain, that's making fear feel welcome
let go of all the anger, that's making fear feel loved
let go of all the sadness, that's making fear feel strong
let go of all the lines, that are leading fear along
So stop being afraid, you will never love if you don't try
Stop being afraid or you will be spending the rest of your life like me

That's why I'm singing this song, that's why I'm singing my song:

"I bet you never thought, that you would go, to sit by the water and watch your hair grow
I bet you never thought that you would be, spending the rest of your life like me"

You've got the love, Fleur

ps. the lovely picture I used is shot by my homie Rosa! Click photo for her blog. She awesome.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten