zaterdag, oktober 5

Steal like an artist

(or like Effie, in this case)

At school there's one class which is called Musicmanagement, it's given by a young and puppy-enthusiastic man called Martijn Crama. Last year, especially when it was so difficult with Tree Like Fun, he was a really great help. And besides that, his enthusiasm is really inspiring and motivating and he has a lot of knowledge (and hunger for it).

Anywaaaay, he recommended us a book called 'Steal like an artist'. When I finally got my duo money I decided to buy it, since I was already ordering books at bol.com, I thought why the hell not riiiiight. Right.
Well, when I got it at home I didn't really feel like reading, and so Tom ended up to be the first one reading it. He was positive. So this morning, being all grudgy, I decided to settle myself on the couch and start reading it.
Which brings me to this moment; me sitting on that same couch, having finished the book, writing a blog in which I'm recommending the book to you, my dear readers. 

It's a book with 10 'rules' but they're more like guidelines as in (speaking as if I'm the writer of the book): "Hey, these things really help me being creative and shit you know what I'm sayin'? Aaait homeboys, peace."
It has a lot of quotes from artistic heroes (like Kurt Vonnegut and Jay-Z) and leaves you motivational, and wanting to go to Ikea and buy a desk to fill with nothing digital. Or something.

I just lent my copy to my roommate, but if she's done (it really is a 2 hour read, at max) you can borrow it. Or maybe just buy a copy since it's only 10 euros (and if you read it and think; jesus that was bad! Well, then just give it away as a present)

Love,
Fleur

ps. after writing this, I decided to look up the link on bol.com, only to find out they now sell it for 10,49! They added 50 cents! Go buy one before it's 20 euros! The fockers!





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten